Effective as of September 30, 2016
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to contact you, for example, your name, address, telephone/fax number, social security number, email address or any information you submitted to NARScosmetics.com that identifies you individually.
Personally identifiable information may be collected by NARS if you choose to communicate with NARS through email, via this website, by telephone, in writing, by placing an order, by completing a user registration form or online survey, or by such other means.
NARS will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it. Therefore, if you do not want NARS to obtain any personally identifiable information about you, please do not provide to NARS any such information. You can visit and browse the NARS website without revealing personally identifiable information about yourself.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
NARS may use the personally identifiable information collected through its website primarily for such purposes as: helping to establish and verify the identity of users; opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users’ accounts or memberships; processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications; providing services and support to users; improving the website, including tailoring it to users’ preferences; providing users with product or service updates, promotional notices and offers, and other information about NARS and its affiliates; responding to your questions inquiries, comments and instructions; maintaining the security and integrity of its systems.
Personal Information We May Share
- Our corporate affiliates. For additional information regarding our corporate affiliates, please see www.shiseidogroup.com
- Third party services providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions and are contractually obligated to protect your information. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. These services can include hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, order fulfillment, handling of payment transactions, etc.
- Other third parties with your consent (for example, our Facebook page may share information collected through those apps with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users according to your settings).
- Administration of a contest, sweepstakes, giveaway, competition, or other similar marketing campaign or promotion. These events typically require the collection and use of personal contact information (for prize fulfillment), limited demographic information (for eligibility), and, in some cases, customer-generated content. Some promotions with customer-generated content or a social networking component will be run on third party social networks such as Facebook (e.g., on NARS’ Facebook fan page or application). To comply with sweepstakes laws, we may publish or share limited information about promotion winners (such as name and city of residence). For more information about our contests and other promotions, please see the official rules or details posted with each promotion.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Technologies We Use
Cookies, Web Server Logs and Beacons
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our site.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this site [or our social network pages], such as those of Qubit, Coremetrics and/or Google Analytics. The service providers that administer those services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to analyze use of the site. You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site. To learn more about web analytics services, and exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site:
- For Coremetrics, please click here.
- For Qubit, please click here.
- To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en, To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics, please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Children Under 13
This website is directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. NARS will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain accounts or memberships for, any child whom NARS knows to be under the age of 13. NARS does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If NARS nevertheless discovers that it has received personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom NARS otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, NARS will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or deleted from NARS’ files by contacting us at customerservice@NARScosmetics.com.
We implement various security measures in accordance with industry standards to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline. As a matter of policy, we do not disclose details regarding our security measures as this could be beneficial information to criminals and other bad actors. If you have any questions about security at the website, you can email us at customerservice@NARScosmetics.com.
Despite all of our efforts, no security safeguards or standards are guaranteed to provide 100% security.
Notification of Changes
Changes to Your Personal Information
You have the ability to review, change and/or correct the personally identifiable information you provide us by e-mailing us at customerservice@NARScosmetics.com. If you are a registered user, you can also review, change or correct your personal information at any time by clicking here. You may request that we deactivate your account by e-mailing us at customerservice@NARScosmetics.com.
From time to time, NARS and its affiliates may wish to send you message updates about NARScosmetics.com, its affiliates, promotions, security or the administration of the website or other updates. If you would prefer not to receive future email communications from NARS and its affiliates, an unsubscribe link is provided on every communication you receive from NARS, or you may send an email containing your request to customerservice@NARScosmetics.com.
California “Do Not Track” Notice
NARS does not currently recognize and process “do not track” signals from different web powsers. You may manage your preferences for tracking across sites in the Third Party Web Analytics section above. For more information on “do not track” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and want a copy of this notice, please submit an email request to customerservice@NARScosmetics.com. In your request, please specify that you want a “Your NARS California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you are minor under 18 and have a profile on NARScosmetics.com, you may ask us to remove reviews or other content that you posted on the site by writing to customerservice@NARScosmetics.com. We will begin to process your request within 30 days. Please note that processing your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content that you posted.